My Geotab v7 – What’s New?
My Geotab Version 7 is packed with enhancements like improved security, ESR ratings, extendable services, new routing features and much more!
My Geotab Password Security Changes
In version 7, My Geotab will no loger allow the use of a username, firstname, or last name in the password to improve security. Current passwords are not impacted, but with the next password change request the new rules will prevent using them in a new password.
Electrical System Rating (ESR)
The Electrical System Rating (ESR) is a rating that measures the status of a vehicle’s electrical system on a scale from 0 to 100. The ESR is calculated on a daily basis, and provides a common rating system for all vehicles, engines and fuel types in a friendly format that is easy for all users to understand. ESR is an analytical metric based on data that can be used to predict battery health, and subsequent point of failure. You can read more here about the predictive maintenance benefits of ESR, including how one Geotab customer used it to get the following results:
- Reduced roadside calls and expenses by 12%
- Reduced on-road battery replacements (premium-priced) by 26%
- Reduced total battery replacement volume by 2.7%
- Saved 9% on labor by reducing diagnostic and battery replacement labor
New My Geotab Version 7 Default Rule
The last release introduced truck specific road speed to the speed rules. In My Geotab Version 7 there is a new default rule for truck speed that is a one click option on the main rules page. If you have a mixed fleet, grouping your vehicles allows you to apply the truck speed limit rule to heavy trucks, and the normal speed limit to light duty vehicles.
New Routing Features In My Geotab
In My Geotab Version 7 the “Send to Vehicle” button has been moved to the main Routes page. Tools to create a route and send it are now in the same area making them more convenient to use. A shortcut to Routes is being added under Map in the main menu as well.
You can also start a new route by duplicating a previous one. We actually had a client request this feature just a few days before it was announced. It will be a real time saver especially for smaller fleets.
Planned vs Actual route displayed on the map has been visually enhanced so that variances are easier to spot. The black line represents the planned route and the purple line the actual route taken. To utilize these new features in Version7, you will need to enable feature preview.
Improved View of Assets in My Geotab Version 7
The tabs on the Asset Edit page include the following information:
- Asset: Includes a quick summary of the asset, the current driver, how it’s being used, its current location, groups, fuel consumption and more.
- Health: Reports on the health of the asset, including active faults, maintenance history, upcoming events, inspection logs and more.
- Audio feedback: Audio feedback (previously called Driver feedback) now includes GOTALK settings, and other usability improvements that better display what options are available.
- Extended services: No changes have been made.
- Rate plan: No changes have been made.
- Settings: Groups all telematics device settings under one tab, versus multiple tabs and More buttons.
For clients with multiple locations or divisions on separate databases, or clients that wish to selectively share information with other Geotab clients, Extendable Services provides that option. With Extendable Services, secondary subscriptions can be shared with target users, at the rate plan available for participating OEMs. Requests to extend third-party services can be made from the Extendable Services tab on the Asset Edit page.
Extendable Services requests can be accepted, rejected, or deferred to provide time for consultation and better decision support. Just click the Remind me later button to defer the request until your next login, or at a time that works for you.
This is a paid Geotab service based on the service plan of Base, Pro or ProPlus. Fleetistics offers rollup reporting for the most commonly needed data in your MyFleetistics account. Navigate to Analytics & Reports>Roll-up Report to see if the data provided is sufficient for your needs. Requests can be made to Fleetistics for additional reports if enough customers would benefit.