Geotab Drive Version 7 Hours of Service Updates
Geotab Drive continues to improve both for drivers and administrators. We are excited about the coming changes and ready to give you a preview. So, here is an overview of what will be released in Version 7.
New Unidentified Driving Page for Admins
- Vehicle groups and comments to provide context about the vehicle in question.
- Trip distance, duration, and a link to a map with the highlighted route.
- If available, the driver of the previous and the next trip made by the vehicle.
- The ability to filter trips by annotations, minimum distance and minimum duration.
- The option to identify probable Yard Moves with the “Vehicle Movement Within Zones” rule.
Administrators will be able to quickly re-assign or annotate single or multiple trips without leaving the page. Pending assignments are displayed and can be canceled by the administrator. Drivers that accept the assigned unidentified driving will now end the driving period with the same duty status that they had before the unidentified driving was assigned (previously, unidentified driving always ended with an On Duty status).
You will need to enable “Feature Preview” in your User UI Settings to access this page. Call us if you need assistance.
Changes to Ignore Logs Function
In the current version, only administrators can choose to ignore automatically generated logs. In Geotab Drive version 7, administrators can give drivers clearance to ignore them with an annotation as well. This will allow drivers to fix their own errors rather than having to contact the administrator to do so. Ignoring a log will function the same as it does on MyGeotab: an ignored log will no longer count towards HOS availability, but will still appear during Roadside Checks. UI notifications are displayed on the Drive App informing the driver of both these things.