Geotab Partnership with Phillips Connect Asset Trackers
Geotab is ever expanding its suite of Fleet Management integrated partners. Phillips Connect asset trackers are a new addition and available today from your MyFleetistics>Quick Order menu. Phillips Connect has leveraged their patented technology in more than eight million IoT devices and now they have developed state of the art asset tracking solutions to solve a number of problems in the transportation industry.
Why do I need asset tracking?
These devices are specifically designed for harsh environments and all solutions are IP67-rated. They are built to withstand the real-world abuse that non-powered and powered assets, like trailers, endure on a daily basis. Asset tracking goes way beyond the simplicity of dots on a map. Phillips Connect asset trackers integrate sensors to monitor cargo status, location and usage data. This provides organizations with actionable data to find efficiencies and reduce costs. Integration into MyGeotab furnishes analytics and real-time alerts instantly allowing fleets to:
- Instantly boost trailer/container/chassis utilization
- Eliminate trailer/container/chassis loss and theft with a real-time view of its assets
- Increase detention revenue by holding customers accountable for how long they hold onto every trailer/container/chassis
- Reduce trailer/container/chassis maintenance costs by improving scheduled maintenance and enabling predictive maintenance insights
- Automate yard checks
- Enhance driver satisfaction by eliminating wasted time looking for trailers
- Bill customers and perform maintenance based on hours or miles
The Suite of Phillips Connect Products
Phillips Connect Features & Benefits
- Expandability – Add up to 3 hard wired sensors and an unlimited number of Bluetooth/wireless sensors to the StealthNet™ and SolarNet™ gateways. Additions can include, DoorCheck™ (Bluetooth door sensor), TempCheck™(one-way Bluetooth temperature sensor), and CargoCheck™ (ultrasonic cargo sensor).
- Simple Installation – 15-minute installation or less for all Phillips Connect solutions.
- Built to last -Phillips Connect solutions are designed specifically for harsh environments, have double the battery capacity of any competing solution, and require no maintenance after installation. End users can expect ten years out of each solution, allowing them to maximize their ROI. Phillips Connect constantly updates firmware over the air keeping the devices up to date, while giving end-users the ability to customize device behavior.
- Tested to Industry Standards – IP67, MIL-STD 202 method 201, Thermal cycling, -40C to 70C, 20 cycles (each cycle consists of 2 hours -40C, 2 hours at 70C)