Telematics & GPS Return on Investment
Return on investment (ROI) is a performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment, or to compare different investments. ROI measures the amount of return on an investment relative to the investment’s cost. To calculate ROI, the benefit (or return) of
an investment is divided by the cost of the investment, and the result is expressed as a percentage.
The telematics industry has come a long way since the days of downloading data when a vehicle returns to home base and providing “dots on a map”. Today, telematics can provide fleet managers instant reports on location, vehicle driving behavior, maintenance alerts and so much more, thus providing a significant ROI.
5 Pillars of GPS/Telematics for Return on Investment
· Safety – Speeding, harsh driving behavior, reverse, seatbelt, accident reduction
· Productivity – Stop duration, dispatch, route efficiency, sales/service calls, timely service
· Optimization – Proactive maintenance, odometer readings, vehicle health, fuel consumption
· Compliance – Company policies, State/Federal laws, HOS
· Expandability – Integrate with 3rd party software, power of the IOX, marketplace
Click here to request more information.