Nationwide Two-Way Radios
Many service and construction companies miss the two-way radio service of the old days when Nextel push-to-talk (PTT) provided instant communication.Â As a result, when Nextel PTT was no longer available, dispatchers were dismayed at being forced into expensive cell phones. The good news is…it’s back…but better.
Finally, push-to-talk is back as push-to-talk over cellular (POC). Certainly, the obvious advantage is the coverage offered by cellular carriers, and the roaming agreements between them. Instant connections between Florida and California are reliable and efficient. You can broadcast to a single person or to a large group across North America!
Â Finally, POC is not for everyone because they don’t do everything smart devices do.Â For instance, if a company uses a smart phone to collect signatures or payment in the field, a two-way radio simply won’t work. An estimated 40-50% of all cell phone users today use their expensive smart phone for simple voice communication. In these scenarios there are major benefits to switching to two-way radios over cellular networks.
Two-Way Radio Benefits
- Low cost, flat rate monthly bill
- Roams across USA, Canada and Mexico
- Instant connection to one or all radios
- Works on Wi-Fi or cell network
- GPS location and history for past 24 hours
- Voice files are stored for 24 hours for review
- Talk using an Android TabletÂ (iOS coming)
- Direct connect between radio, app and dispatcher software on PC
- 2 year warranty
- IP-55 rated radio resistant to water and dust