Solar Trailer TrackerInstalling the XT Solar Asset Tracker
Solar Tracker Installation
The installation of the solar asset tracker is quite simple but there are a few considerations to ensure maximum performance and battery life. Installation can be done by anyone as no electrical skills are needed.
First, power the unit on and view it in your account before mounting on an asset such as a trailer or generator.
Second, place the solar tracker in a way to get as much sun as possible in all weather conditions. Place it verticle if operating in an area with snow and ice.
The solar unit reports differently when in motion compared to when it is stationary. When stationary a “heartbeat” is transmitted once per day to confirm the device is reporting. When in motion, the solar unit will update once every 30 minutes when in motion.
- Test the solar GPS device before deploying to the field
- Document the vehicle and the solar GPS unit so you can label them correctly in the GPS software online
- Power the device on by pressing the black button seen in the image. Listen for the click.
- If you ship the device the power must be off. Press the power button listening for the click.
- View the lights to ensure proper function.
- When testing the device should be outside with a clear view of the sky and in a good cell area for the network used.
- Do not pressure wash the units from less than 3′.
- Look at your GPS account online daily or weekly to spot issues quickly.
GPS Vehicle Fleet Tracking Pricing -
Speak with Advisor 855.300.0527
Click Here to Schedule Online Now
Fleetistics. Since 2001.