Support Cases Just Got Easier!
The thought of opening a support case can be frustrating. We have all had a bad experience dealing with a support issue online at some point. Fleetistics is determined to simplify and streamline the support process.
Benefits Of Opening A Support Case
- Avoid Hold. Don’t waste valuable time calling. We are glad to talk to you but we service many customers. Entering a case simply avoids hold time and phone tag.
- Easy Access. The support system resides within MyFleetistics. It is connected to your database so you don’t have to look up serial numbers and device details. When a case is opened from the Device Status Table, vehicle information is automatically entered in the support ticket. Current and historical cases can be reviewed.
- Fire and forget. The case allows you to walk away why we do our research. You can go about your day. No phone tag. No being on hold.
- Accountability. Cases are time and date stamped. Both parties are held accountable for a timely response.
- Communication. Information is shared and documented in one place for a single issue.
- Notification. When a case is updated by Fleetistics or you, notification is provided to the other party.
- Self Help. We are working to provide quick, easy to follow instructions for the most common issues so you can potentially address an issue immediately and move on with your day. View troubleshooting steps click here.
Accessing the Device Support System
After logging into MyFleetistics, click Analytics, then Dashboard Device Status. A list of your devices populates, color coded to identify devices that may have issues. First, find the device that you want to open a case for, and click the flag to the right of the device information.
Next, Complete the Brief Support Case Form
Not a vehicle or device issue?
If your support case is not about a device issue, simply click the cross icon in the top right corner of the window or navigate to Help Center > Support and select “Open Support Case” to open the form without specific device information.
Select the category of the issue from the pre-populated list.
Now, Add Your Case Comments
In the comments section tell us what you have done to identify or resolve the issue. Clearly, we must go through a series of troubleshooting steps. Knowing what you have already done moves us past those steps.
A screen shot or image of an unusual occurrence is always helpful. Don’t forget to attach the file.
Finally, be sure to verify your email address and add the best phone number best time to call if we need to speak with you.
You have successfully opened a support case.
Case Confirmation Email
Once a case has been opened you will receive an email confirmation as in the image below. The email contains a link to your case. Each time a case is updated, you will receive another email notification so you know it is time to view and respond.
Inside the case you can add additional details, upload images, and respond to questions the Support Reps ask through the linked form. Replying to the email will not record your response in the case, so always use the link in the email to add your response directly to the case. All of the history is then recorded in the case. You can also check on the status of a case at any time by navigating to Help Center > Cases .
Example of the Support Case in MyFleetistics
Typical Support Case Documentation
In the example below, Support requests the client’s agreement to the RMA terms prior to returning the device for testing. The pdf RMA terms document link is in the email and in the case itself. It contains the details on where to send the device, what happens next, and has some helpful links to other documents as well. After reading the document it is time to acknowledge it in the Support Case system. Working from the email, it looks like this.
The Response to the Case is now logged and time/date stamped.
As more action is taken, everything is documented while the problem is being solved. Here is the case after a few more entries. There is no question about who is doing what, or if we are making progress.