GPS Tracking Buyers GuideConsiderations before investing
Selecting a GPS Tracking Solution
Our GPS tracking buyer’s guide is a valuable tool that will help you on your journey as you begin to explore all that GPS tracking has to offer. This detailed overview of what GPS tracking will give you the tools you need to help you gather information and compare systems so you can make an informed decision.
GPS Tracking Buyers Guide Identifies the Solutions That Fits Your Needs
If you are new to using GPS tracking and telematics it is important to understand the process of selecting the right vendor. This process will be applicable whether or not you select Fleetistics or another vendor. Fleetistics realizes we may not be the best for all fleet management requirements and Fleetistics only wants customers that are a good fit for the products and services offered.
To aid fleet owners in this process Fleetistics created a unique GPS tracking buyers guide and a checklist to organize and document your decision-making process. Follow the instructions to significantly improve your odds of selecting the right long-term GPS tracking and telematics partner.
Process of Buying a GPS Tracker
- Determine the top 3 features you must have in order to move forward with a partner. Highlight those cells in one color so they stand out. Any vendor that does not provide one of these features is automatically disqualified.
- Determine the top 3 to 5 features you would like to have. Highlight those cells in another color so they also stand out. These are value added benefits.
- Interview vendors and be sure they are using the same definition of key terms as you.
- Narrow the list to the top 3 vendors and conduct a two week pilot of each system.
- Select your partner and implement.
Lowest Price Isn’t Always the Smartest Choice
Be aware that the GPS tracking and telematics industry is no different than your industry. The low price leader is forgoing something (features, service, financial stability, etc.) to be at the lowest price point. By using the checklist you will overcome the temptation to go with the low price leader which may not be the best long-term partner that will maximize your return on investment.