ROI CalculatorProductivity. Accountability. Risk. Safety. Profitability.
ROI in as little as 14 days!
Return on investment is driven by three variables. How your organization embraces these will determine the speed at which the ROI is achieved and the size of the financial benefit.
- Adherence to policies and procedures which is fed by data-driven decision. Are you willing to enforce the rules when data tells you there is an issue?
- Adoption of a GPS tracking and telelmatics system to generate data. The data from a GPS tracker is important to almost all departments of service, delivery and transportation companies.
- Management commitment. Is every manager from the field supervisor to senior leadership willing to embrace the data and be held to the same standards?
Orkin Pest Control Case Study
Orkin Pest Control pioneered the use of GPS tracking data in the late 1990. Orkin started by addressing the $25,000,000 annual issue of safety-related financial liability. Orkin implemented key policies around fleet safety. CEO, Mr. Rollins, mandated from 100% compliance and for the past 10+ years have attributed $27m in savings to improved safety. Fleetistics should know because founder and president Eron Iler worked for Orkin PC at the time and brought the GPS tracking technology to Orkin in 1997.
Optimize Routes for Fewer Miles
Route optimization can occur at many levels. Optimization will occur when dispatchers know which vehicle is near the next service call, drivers can see their routes on the map and find inefficiencies and data can be put into a robust routing program.
Track Fuel Consumption
Fuel efficiency reports give side-by-side fuel consumption data for all your fleet vehicles.
- Track Fuel Consumption
- Keep engines tuned
- Catch low MPG vehicles or models
- Control fuel types
- Monitor fuel spending v. maintenance
Reduced Wear & Tear
Even the simplest vehicle repairs can be very costly to your bottom line, especially if you have multiple vehicles on the road.
Planned v. Unplanned Maintenance
Prioritize vehicles for repair based on their active diagnostic faults. By focusing on predictive engine health, you can be pro-active and keep your fleet maintenance costs down.
Engine Idle Expense
|2012 Vehicle & Engine Liter Size||Idle 5 Min./Day Annually||Idle 10 Min./Day Annually|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500: 4.3 – 5.3||$75-$100||$150-$200|
|Dodge RAM 2500: 5.7||$108||$216|
|Ford F-150: 3.7 – 6.2||$68-$111||$136-$222|
|Ford Focus: 2.0||$34||$68|
|Honda Civic: 1.8 – 2.4||$30-$42||$60-$84|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee: 3.6 – 6.4||$65-$115||$130-$230|
|Subaru Outback: 2.5 – 3.6||$45-$65||$90-$130|
|Toyota Prius: 1.8||Hybrid – idling negligible||—–|
|Toyota RAV4: 2.5 – 3.5||$45-$62||$90-$124|